Die Stiftung Reinbeckhallen präsentiert jährlich zwei bis drei Ausstellungen, die von einem vielseitigen Programm – von offenen Workshops über Filmvorführrungen bis zu Lesungen – begleitet werden. Neben Kooperationsprojekten bietet die Stiftung jährlich ein Residenzprogramm für bildende und darstellende Künstler*innen an. Die Werkstatt Neue Drucke rundet das Tätigkeitsspektrum ab.
While open in regards to formats, practices and agenda, which allows the Stiftung Reinbeckhallen to react to timely issues, its activities are guided by these values:
- We strive to develop a program that is openminded and inclusive, involving people from all sociocultural backgrounds, political positions, gender identifications, and levels of accessibility.
- We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.
- We seek and support ways to work closely with local communities and with younger generations.
- We prioritize using ethical platforms to communicate with our audiences. We strive to minimize our negative impact on the environment.
Our foundation’s location is historical: The Reinbeckhallen are part of a listed building ensemble built over a century ago. For decades, the factory premises served as a production site for transformers and high-voltage systems of AEG, later VEB Transformatorenwerk Oberschöneweide (TRO). A few years after the turn of the millennium, a new chapter is beginning with the vision of establishing an art and cultural center at the site.
Nowadays, the building is modern and contemporary. Its industrial prehistory is still visible in the large historical halls. Since its official opening in April 2017, the foundation’s program has now become firmly established in the Reinbeckhallen. Like the halls that house them, the Foundation always builds a bridge from the historical to the present by striving for current exchange in historical contexts.
Board and Supervisory Board Members
The Stiftung Reinbeckhallen is an independent and non-profit foundation and is represented by a Board which manages and represents the foundation.
- Sven Herrmann, Chairman of the Board
- Ulrike Koloska, Deputy Chairwoman
- Gabriele Bogaczyk, Chief Financial Officer
The Supervisory Board advises and monitors the Board Members and the foundation’s projects. Current members are:
- Hans Eike von Oppeln-Bronikowski, Chairman
- Uwe Preissler, Deputy
- Marion Greiner
The Curatorial Board of the Stiftung Reinbeckhallen advises the Foundation in all matters concerning the realization of the Foundation’s objectives. In addition to advising on thematic focuses and the annual programme, it is also responsible for artistic inquiries. Members of the Curatorial Board are currently:
- Dr. Friedrich Tietjen